Points regarding application requirements
- Are there any restrictions on entry qualifications?
- Anyone can submit an application, regardless of nationality, age or gender. The contest is
open to both professional and amateur photographers. However, people employed by Kenko
Tokina Co., Ltd. and its affiliates are not eligible. Persons aged under 18 must obtain the
approval of a parent or guardian.
- How much does it cost to enter a photo in the contest?
- Entry is free. However, applicants are required to bear other expenses such as internet
connection fees required for submitting an application.
- How many photos can each applicant submit?
- There is no restriction on the number of entries per applicant.
- What are the categories in the competition?
- Applicants can choose their themes freely as long as filters were effectively used in taking
the photos. All types and manufacturers of filters are acceptable. However, filters such as
protectors whose effects cannot be seen on photographs are not permitted.
- Must photos be taken using Kenko filters?
- No, there is no restriction on filter manufacturers.
- Are only unreleased and unpublished photos eligible? Are photos that have previously been
published online eligible?
- Applicants can submit photos which have previously been uploaded to private online albums or
photos published via websites that private individuals operate for nonprofit purposes.
- Is it possible for you to send me a receipt notification of my entry?
- Yes. After the entry is accepted, a reception message will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Points regarding your application
- Where can I find detailed information about the application procedure?
- This information is in the online application form available on this website. Please follow
the procedures indicated and fill out the form with the necessary information. The
procedures require applicants to provide personal information such as their name and
information about their photo including the title before uploading the image data. Please
read the application requirements carefully before submitting your application.
- Are there fixed file formats and file sizes for the image data?
- Image data must be JPEG format. Size of the image data must be less than 10MB (minimum 1MB)
per entry. Please compress any data that exceeds 10MB.
- Can I send my entries directly to Kenko Tokina Co.,Ltd.?
- No, you can only send data to this website. Please note that data sent to the wrong place
will not be accepted for the competition, and you will not receive notification of receipt.
- What happens if my application form is incomplete?
- The application form cannot be sent unless all required information is supplied. Fields that
have not been filled in are highlighted. Please be sure to supply all the requested
- What happens if data is lost due to a problem while sending the information?
- Competition sponsors and partner companies cannot accept any liability for data loss. Be
sure to back up and store relevant data before sending the data for your entry.
- Can I use storage media such as a CD-R to submit my photo?
- No, you cannot use such media to submit your photo. Entries can only be accepted by the
official competition website.
- I can’t upload my image data. What is wrong?
- Please check the instructions in the application form again.
If you still cannot solve the problem, please contact us using our "inquiry form" .