How to apply
You can find the application form for the 2019 Filter Photo Contest on this website.
Image data that can be applied :
Image data captured and processed with digital still cameras, and image data captured on a film camera and then scanned and processed using a computer.
Images can be either color or black and white, but must be captured using a filter.
Photos treated or processed using computer software cannot be accepted.
Image data must be JPEG format. Image files must be between 1MB to 10MB in size. Files larger than 10MB must be compressed.
Prize announcement and notification
Winners will be announced on the International Filter Photo Contest website (this website)in February 2020.
- Prize winners may be contacted directly from Kenko Tokina before official announcement of the results. In this case, prize winners will be required to respond with the required agreement within the specified period via the website mentioned in the notification email. Winners will be disqualified if they fail to provide such agreements. Additionally, Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. will contact the winners via email or other means if the company needs to confirm details about the photos.
- Winners will be disqualified if they fail to reply within the designated period after receipt of the prize notification e-mail irrespective of the reason (such as server problems, etc.) If you need to change your e-mail address, please be sure to do so using this "inquiry form" on this website. The competition sponsor and partner companies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any problems arising through the failure of e-mail transmissions.
|Sponsor :||Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd.|
|Partner companies :||NPO PhotoCutureClub, Japan Photocontest Organization , COKIN France s.a.s.u., Formatt Hitec Ltd. Slik Corporation, Kenko Professional Imaging Co., Ltd.|
Points to note regarding the application
Applicants are required to bear all expenses incurred in connection with their application.
Prizewinners shall bear the taxes and charges in connection with the receipt of their prizes.
No response shall be given to any inquiry or complaint in connection with the screening results for the contest.
Applicants shall be deemed to have agreed to the conditions stated in application conditions for the contest at the point at which the application is submitted. The sponsor shall reserve the final decision over items not specified in the conditions. Applicants may withdraw their applications if they cannot agree with decisions of the sponsor. Applicants shall bear all expenses in connection with the withdrawal of their applications.
The sponsor may cancel or postpone the acceptance of entries, in part or in full, when it is believed there is a risk to the smooth administration of the contest, its safety, fairness in screening and the like due to any reason beyond its control, including network problems, computer viruses and unauthorized server access.
Every care shall be taken in handling the entered works. The sponsor and partner companies, however, shall not be liable for any accident, damage, loss or the like that may occur during the transmission of data.
The sponsor and partner companies shall not be liable for any incident that occurs due to circumstances beyond their control, including but not limited to network problems, computer viruses and unauthorized server access, or any losses that applicants incur under such circumstances.
The sponsor and partner companies shall not be liable for any losses that applicants incur in connection with their application to the contest unless any willful misconduct or gross negligence exists on the part of the sponsor or partner companies.
If a subject that is covered by portrait rights or any copyrighted literary work appears in an entered photo, the applicant is requested to obtain permission to use the photos and approval from the holders of any rights, including photographic subjects and the original authors, in advance before submitting the application. The same rule shall apply to photos of models and the like taken during a photo session. The sponsor and partner companies shall not be liable for any claims, complaints or formal objections with regard to the infringement of rights or compensation for losses from third parties. Applicants shall deal with all such claims, complaints and formal objections themselves.
Applicants agree that the sponsor and the partner company shall not be liable for any disputes or the like that may arise among applicants, and any losses that may result from such problems.
Rights of applicants
The copyrights for entered photos and the rights equivalent thereto shall belong to applicants. The sponsor, however, shall have the rights prescribed in the following “Rights of the sponsor” over photos selected for prizes.
Rights of the sponsor
The right to the primary use of prizewinning photos shall belong to the sponsor.
The sponsor shall have permanent, nonexclusive rights to publish, duplicate, announce, publicly transmit, exhibit, print, distribute and screen the prizewinning photos on websites, at photo exhibitions, at trade shows and at other facilities managed or sponsored by the sponsor or local agents certified by the sponsor, free of charge, without obtaining the permission of the prizewinner, for the purpose of publicizing the contest. The prizewinners shall not exercise any rights based on the authors’ personal rights against such conduct.
The sponsor shall announce the names of the prizewinners and the titles of their prizewinning work on the websites, exhibitions and other places related to the contest. Applicants are also requested to consult the “Personal Information” section of this website.
Applications shall be disqualified in cases where the sponsor judges they do not conform to the conditions for application. Applicants that have been disqualified are not notified. The sponsor may cancel prizes and ask applicants to return any items awarded if it is brought to light that an applicant has been disqualified after the prizes have been announced.
These requirements for application shall be construed and interpreted under the laws of Japan.
The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance over any dispute in cases where a dispute arises between an applicant and the sponsor.
Handling of personal information
- Applicants are required to supply personal information to the competition sponsor using the competition entry application form. Applicants must decide whether or not they wish to submit such information. However, the sponsor cannot accept applications unless accompanied with the necessary personal information.
- Personal information submitted together with the entry photograph is passed to Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan) for the purpose of competition screening. Personal information supplied by applicants is handled in accordance with the rules prescribed below:
- Personal information supplied by the applicants shall be used to notify the prizewinners, for reporting information in connection with the competition, and for making inquiries to the applicants about the photos they have entered in the competition.
- The names of the prizewinners will be published on websites, in printed material and other media related to the contest when the prizewinning works are announced.
- Personal information supplied by applicants may be used for personal identification when the applicants request that personal information such as their address be amended.
- The sponsor or partner companies may conduct the notification and inquiries stated above.
- The sponsor may provide personal information to third parties involved in running the competition together with the sponsor, and to judges within the scope required for competition management.
- Please use this “inquiry form”if you need to correct or contact us regarding provided personal information. Requests for changes to personal information cannot be accepted by telephone.
- The sponsor and partner companies shall conduct the required research when a request is made to correct personal information collected through the contest, and corrections will be made based on the findings of such research. However, the sponsor and partner companies will not perform any correction, research or suchlike in connection with the personal information of applicants other than prizewinners and persons who request to receive direct mail after the date for the disposal of information prescribed below has elapsed.
- The sponsor and partner companies shall manage personal information appropriately, and shall take adequate measures to prevent the divulgence, diversion and alteration of personal information. The sponsor and partner companies recognize it is their corporate social responsibility to handle and protect personal information correctly.
- With the exception of personal information supplied by prizewinners and persons who request to receive direct mail, the sponsor and partner companies shall dispose of or delete personal information provided (via the online application form, data for photo entries and other computerized personal information in connection with the competition) by January 31, 2020. Accordingly, the sponsor and partner companies shall not perform any corrections or research in relation to personal information provided by applicants, excluding prizewinners, after January 31, 2020.