How to apply
How to enter
Enter on this website
Click the "Enter the contest" banner at the top of the page to view the rules and enter the contest.
Read the rules and fill out the entry form to enter the contest.
Entries may consist of image data taken on a digital still camera or created by scanning a photo from a film camera. Both types must have been captured with a noticeable filter.
Photos may be in color or black and white. Photos that have been filtered or otherwise edited with software or similar after taking the photo are not permitted.
Announcement and notification of winners
The winning photos will be announced on the International Photo Contest website in February 2022.
- After announcing the winning photos, the photographers will be contacted by email by Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. or a partner company, using the email address that was submitted in each winner's entry.
- Winners must reply to the email by the specified date. Please be aware that winners who do not reply by the specified date will be disqualified, regardless of the reason.
- If you change your email address, please notify us using our inquiry form.
- The hosts and partner companies accept no responsibility for any losses resulting from cases in which the email is not received or read.
|Sponsor :||Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd.|
|Partner companies :||COKIN France s.a.s.u., Formatt Hitec Ltd. Slik Corporation, Kenko Professional Imaging Co., Ltd.|
All costs incurred in the entry process shall be borne by the entrant.
All taxes and other charges incurred by prizes and prize money shall be borne by the winners.
No response will be given to any inquiries or complaints about the judging of this contest.
By submitting an entry, entrants indicate that they have agreed to the requirements stated here. For matters not stated here, the hosts' decision is final. Entrants may withdraw their entry if they do not agree with the hosts' decisions. All expenses incurred by withdrawing an entry shall be borne by the entrant.
Please note that the hosts may temporarily or permanently stop accepting entries when it is deemed that the smooth running of the competition, safety or fairness of judging has been compromised for reasons outside the hosts' control, such as network problems, a computer virus or unauthorized access to the server.
While the hosts and partner companies will take every care when handling entries, the hosts and partner companies accept no responsibility for any issues, damages or losses during transmission of the data.
The hosts and partner companies accept no responsibility for any incidents outside the hosts' and partner companies' control, such as network problems, a computer virus or unauthorized access to the server, or any damages or similar incurred by entrants as a result of such incidents.
Permission from any subjects in the photo and any rights such as copyrights and rights of likeness belonging to another photographer must be obtained by the entrant before entering. These provisions include cases such as photos of models taken at a photo shoot. In the event of a claim, complaint or formal statement concerning violation of rights and/or compensation for damages related to an entry, the entrant shall be fully liable and the hosts and partner companies accept no responsibility.
Entrants agree that in the event of a dispute between entrants and any damages resulting from such a dispute, the hosts and partner companies accept no responsibility for the dispute.
Rights of entrants
Copyrights and similar rights for entries belong to the respective entrants. However, the hosts reserve some rights to winning photos, detailed in "Rights of the hosts" below.
Rights of the hosts
The rights to first use of winning photos belong to the hosts.
The hosts shall retain permanent, non-exclusive rights to use of winning photos to promote this contest, including publishing, duplication, displaying, exhibiting, printing, distributing or screening the photos, without permission or remuneration, in settings including but not limited to websites, photo exhibitions, general exhibitions and facilities managed or hosted by the hosts or certified local dealers of the hosts. Winners shall not exercise artists' rights against such activities.
The hosts will publish the names of the winning photographers and photos in venues such as websites and exhibitions related to this contest. Please see the section on personal information for more details.
Entries deemed by the hosts to be in violation of the entry rules will be disqualified. Entrants will not be notified in the event that their photo is disqualified. In the event that an entrant is disqualified after winning a prize, the hosts may revoke the entrant's title as a winner and demand that the entrant return the prizes.
These entry rules shall be interpreted according to Japanese law.
The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance in the case of any disputes occurring between the entrant and host.
Image data for entries
"Image data" here indicates image data taken on a digital still camera or created by scanning a photo from a film camera.
Required size of photos
The image data for each photo must be a JPEG file no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 10MB.
File formats other than JPEG will not be accepted.
- Image data must be for a single still image.
- Photo sequences will not be accepted.
- Photos will be printed in sRGB for the judging process.
- Winners may be asked to re-submit their winning photo in a higher resolution for appearances in publications and exhibitions related to this contest. Materials and media submitted by the winners for this purpose, such as CD-Rs containing the data, will not be returned.
Handling of personal information
- When entering this contest, entrants are required to write correct personal information in the entry form and submit this to the hosts. Entrants provide personal information at their own discretion. The hosts will not accept entries without the required personal information.
- Personal information submitted with entries shall be handled as follows by Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan) for the purposes of judging the entries.
- Personal information provided by entrants shall be used within the necessary scope for purposes such as notifying winners, providing notifications about this contest and asking entrants any necessary questions about their photos.
- Winners' names will be included when featuring winning photos on websites, in publications and in other media related to this contest.
- Personal information may also be used for purposes such as identification when an entrant requests amendment of personal information, such as a change of address.
- Notifications and inquiries of this nature will be made by the hosts or a partner company.
- The hosts will provide personal information to judges and other third parties running this contest in cooperation with our partner companies, within the scope needed in order to run this contest.
- The hosts are responsible for proper management of personal information provided under the conditions stated above, such as signing contracts with confidentiality clauses.
- Entrants may contact the hosts using our inquiry form if amendments or other measures are required for the personal information submitted by the entrant. Amendments of personal information are not accepted by phone, as personal information may be recorded incorrectly when given by phone, particularly details such as names and addresses. In the event of a request to amend personal information received for this contest, the hosts and partner companies shall investigate the matter as necessary and amend the information accordingly. However, the hosts and partner companies will not amend or investigate entrants' personal information after the date indicated below, except in the case of prizewinners and entrants who have asked to receive direct mail, as the personal information of all other entrants will be discarded on that date.
- The hosts and partner companies will manage personal information and take proper measures to prevent misuse such as leakage, appropriation or falsification. The hosts and partner companies consider it their social responsibility to properly handle customers' personal information, and will endeavor to protect all personal information.
- On January 31, 2022, the hosts and partner companies shall carry out a procedure to discard or erase the personal information provided by entrants in the online entry form, photo data and other electronic means related to this contest, except for prizewinners and entrants who have asked to receive direct mail. For this reason, personal information will not be amended or investigated after January 31, 2022, except in the case of prizewinners and entrants who have asked to receive direct mail.